Saturday, September 3, 2011

Summer Expectations vs. Reality: College Edition

After strenuous weeks--okay days, whatever--of studying for bullshit finals, the only thing on my mind was the sweet summer ahead of me. Then I remembered. "Oh fuck, I have to move back home."

I mean, what could be better than relaxing for a whole 4 months back at home?
Answer: EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING AT ALL.

For me, summer is always a let down. I mean I live in a suburb of Los Angeles, things don't get too wild. I mean, everyone has these awesome plans and post gay stauses like 'OMG Summer 2011 is gunna be one I will NEVAAA forget' or even better, 'Summer 2011...It's going down bitchezzz.'

Do these awesome plans ever happen? No, for the most part they dont. I mean okay, there are some assholes who have great summers and follow through with their plans, but for me all I have to do is watch fucking reruns of Criminal Minds and go to 24 hour fitness. WTF am I some sort of tool?

College Lesson #2840: Never, ever, return home for summer. Sure, you get to see your family and thats presh and all, but you lose freedom...and your mind. Plus, you get oddly jealous of people moving back to school and that's just weird. So kids, just stay in your shitty, small, overpriced apartment over summer....I promise, it will be more rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment